(8/1/2014, All day)
Brother Bobby Laughlin
79th JOM Leadership School
(8/4/2014, All day)
Royal Caribbean’s Majesty of the Seas (web) (map)
Nearly 800 collegiate members, new members, staff and volunteers from across the Realm assemble August 4 - 8, for the 79th annual John O. Moseley Leadership School experience -- Second to None!
Travel on August 3; return on August 9.
(8/12/2014, All day)
Brother Connor McHale
(8/17/2014, All day)
Brother Luke Groom
(8/25/2014, All day)
Brothers Hugh Davis, Stephen Ford and Neil Shah
(9/1/2014, All day)
Brother A. J. Milot
Fall Semester Begins
(9/2/2014, All day)
First Day of Classes
View our calendar
August 31, 2013
First game of last ACC season. MD won 43-10!
Welcome to our web site
Beware of the Maryland Beta SAE Turtle!
SAE and Maryland Beta 70 years and counting!
October 27, 2013
Ed Downey '52, Logan Connor '14 & John Lauer '63
In the News
- Parker Barbeque and Family Picnic returns on Saturday, August 23, from noon - 4:00 PM, at the Parker's Estate (Glenn Sr. '55 and Glenn Jr. '84) on the Severn River in Severna Park, MD. More details will be coming out in July for this annual event.
- Congratulations and Good Luck to 15 Graduating Seniors: Josh Fennell, Brandon Fireison, Chris Helstern, Matt Jolles, Steven Laughlin, Zach Lenkiewicz, Chris MacLane, Mike McCloskey, Sam Oshrine, Matt Reyes, Matt Richardson, Justin Shields, Paul Spadaccini, Ryan Tommins and John Wood.
- Welcome Spring 2014 New Members: Tony Farace, Stephen Ford, Blake Heuer, Joon Lee, Raghav Mehra, Sam Mengistu, Teddy Porter, Nathan Riley, Guillaume Toujas, Benton Williams and Alex Wilson.
- Seven Centennial Honor Roll Honorees Named on April 27 as part of DFSL's celebration of 100 years of Greek life on the University of Maryland Campus. Each Greek Letter organization earned one honoree slot for every 10 years they remained active on campus. SAE is proud to boast of our seven honorees:
- Harold M. "Hal" Brierley, '65
- Harry C. "Curly" Byrd, '43 (posthumously)
- Raymond M. "Hondo" Davids, '77
- Edward M. "Ed" Downey, '52
- Christopher P. "Chris" Gaylor, '72
- John N. Lauer, '63
- Charles E. "Chaz" Seymour, '82
- Spring Fest - a Success! On Friday, April 25, from 5 PM - 8 PM, in Ritchie Coliseum, SAE sponsored an "all-you-can-eat" event with plenty of live music, a Cornhole tournament, games and raffles. All this to promote awareness of the Children's Miracle Network (CMN), our national philanthropy, and to help raise money, with all proceeds going straight to CMN. It was open to all UMD students, parents, alumni and friends of the Greater College Park community.
- Greek Centennial Reception at Homecoming was hosted by UMD President, Wallace D. Loh at University House on October 27, and was attended by Alumnus Ed Downey '52, Eminent Archon/President Elect, Logan Connor '14 and Alumnus John Lauer '63 (pictured above). Over 300 Greeks attended this special event as Maryland's Centennial Year of Greek Life is kicked off and celebrated.
- Recruitment is truly a year round process at Maryland Beta. It is important that high school seniors submit a Recruitment Recommendation and state their potential interest early on (click here) so they can get on the rush list and be kept informed of recruitment events throughout the year. Similarly, alumni and friends of members should also submit a Recruitment Recommendation to the chapter (click here). For more information about Maryland Beta's recruitment, click on the RUSH button in the top menu bar above.
Our Creed (and our Mission): The True Gentleman (click to view)
SAE National Fraternity Fact Sheet (click to view)
Pictured above at the August 31st football opener, L - R: Justin Shields '14, Ben Carter '15, Tom Seymour '12, Paul Widmeyer '12, Steven Margolies '12 and Michael Santini '13
For additions or corrections to this page or to the web site, please contact the MDBE Webmaster (click to e-mail)